Is Antigua and Barbuda citizenship worth it? Antigua and Barbuda began its citizenship by investment (CBI) program in 2013. Since then, its popularity has risen to reflect the advantage for Antigua and Barbuda citizenship experienced by successful applicants. If you have heard about Antiguan CBI and are curious about the process for how to get Antigua and Barbuda citizenship by investment program approval, this blog is for you.
Approval to get Antigua and Barbuda citizenship by investment program
At the basic level, how to get Antigua and Barbuda citizenship by investment program approval involves meeting the Antigua and Barbuda citizenship requirements. All applicants—even those who demonstrate their ability to afford the financial costs of applying—are required to be (at least) 18 years old and without a criminal record. Regarding the funds for their investment, applicants should anticipate due diligence checks (they will also be asked to disclose significant financial information regarding the extent and source(s) of their finances, in order to ensure that they can both afford all associated payment costs and prove their money has been obtained legally.
Second passport, which will act as your broker throughout your application for Antiguan CBI, will help you understand the program’s various requirements and position your application for success. Your CBI application will consist of the basic Antigua and Barbuda citizenship application form as well as supplemental financial and personal documents meant to demonstrate your financial soundness and good character. Once your application is formally submitted by Second Passport, you will wait to receive a decision. The Antigua and Barbuda citizenship processing time does not typically exceed half a year—most applicants ultimately receive their citizenship in as few as four months. In the event that your application is approved, you will be granted the green light to proceed with your financial investment. Once that is received, you will be formally granted citizenship (allowing you to ultimately receive an Antigua and Barbuda passport soon after).
Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Programs:
Engage the services of Second Passport as your required citizenship broker in pursuit of one of the following three investment options, each of which has specific Antigua and Barbuda citizenship requirements. These are outlined below:
- Citizenship by Donation
- The advantage for Antigua and Barbuda citizenship by donation is that it is the least expensive option for Antiguan CBI.
- A minimum investment of $100,000 is required for this option.
- Citizenship by Real Estate
- This option is achieved through the purchase of pre-approved real estate on either Antigua or Barbuda, so long as the purchase property falls under the auspices of the Antiguan CBI program.
- A minimum investment of 400,000 into said property is required in pursuit of this option (only $200,000 USD is required in the event that you partner with another applicant to make a $200,000 USD investment (at an individual cost of $100,000 USD per applicant).
- Citizenship by Investment in the University of the West Indies
- A minimum investment of $150,000 USD is required for this option.
- This is perhaps the best option for those pursuing Antigua and Barbuda citizenship for the student dependent (i.e. the children of applicants who are eligible to attend university on the island), as it allows all associated dependents to attend university on the island (up to six dependents, at an additional cost of $15,000 USD per dependent).
- Citizenship by Business Investment in Antigua
- Pursuit of this option requires a minimum investment of $1,5000,000 USD. Those applying in partnership with other foreign CBI investors may collectively contribute 400,000 USD (so long as the entirety of the investment totals $5,000,000 USD minimum.
Pursuit of any of the above four options requires applicants to invest—in addition to whatever the minimum investment is required—additional monies related to application processing and other fees. Please note that all amounts will be increased in the event that the applicant chooses to apply with his or her family member(s). Dependent family members (i.e. those who are empowered to apply alongside the individual applicant) will be charged separately and individually. Relatives of the main applicant who qualify as dependents are children of the main applicant who are young enough (i.e. under the age of 18) to qualify as dependents as well as the spouses of main applicants (for a complete list of eligible dependents for Antigua and Barbuda, please contact Second Passport).
Please note that the Antigua and Barbuda citizenship processing time for citizenship is four to six months (four months for the majority of applicants). Once you submit your application materials (including your main application form and materials relating to your financial status and personal character) you will wait to be approved by the program. Once you are approved, you will send your financial investment. Once that is received and processed, you will receive your citizenship and ultimately your Antiguan passport.
“Who can apply for Antigua and Barbuda citizenship?” “Is Antigua and Barbuda citizenship worth it?” And finally, “What are the advantages of Antigua and Barbuda citizenship for the student dependent of a main applicant?” These are some of the most commonly asked questions regarding the CBI program offered by the dual-island Caribbean nation.
Regarding who can apply for Antigua and Barbuda citizenship—in theory anyone can apply, however, only those who meet the CBI requirements for citizenship are empowered to submit the Antigua and Barbuda citizenship application form. Only adults may apply for Antiguan citizenship (i.e. applicants over the age of 18). In addition, applicants must prove themselves to have no criminal record and be able to financially afford all associated citizenship costs. In pursuit of the Antigua and Barbuda passport power, applicants must also prove that their financial investment is from reputable sources. Antiguan CBI is worth it considering the various advantages of the program, which include increased visa fee travel (the Antiguan passport allows for visa-free travel to over 150+ countries, including the European Schengen area, as well reduced tax responsibilities and the ability to reside on the dual-island.
For the answers to more FAQs regarding Antigua and Barbuda CBI, please contact us.